Level 2 Dining and Health & Safety Processes
Welcome to Level 2! Things may be a little different, distanced and disinfected, but we’re chuffed to see you, safe and sound, on the other side of lockdown.
Fork & Brewer is open its normal hours, and serving both food and beer under the Government’s Level 2 guidelines from Thursday, 14 May. (PLEASE NOTE: Under Level 2 guidelines, we must follow Easter trading laws. This means patrons must be on premise with the purpose of consuming food with alcoholic drinks.)
We want to keep you informed of what we’re doing for the safety of your health, well-being and comfort when you visit us at Fork & Brewer.
Level 2 Dining at Fork & Brewer
- We advise making a booking with us on 04 472 0033 or email@example.com to secure a table and time.
- We are accepting groups of up to 10 people per table; no more than 100 customers are allowed on the premises at all times (not including staff).
- If there is a queue to get into Fork, we request you please line up at a distance on the indicated areas on the ground.
- A Fork staff member will greet you when you arrive.
- On entry, every patron is required to sign in with a mode of contact tracing. We have three for you to use: Rippl, a Government assigned QR code (neither will save your personal data) or a team member will sign you in manually on the Fork contact tracing register (also kept private). Once at your table, staff will double check to ensure you have fulfilled your contact tracing obligations.
- Parties will be seated a minimum of one metre apart from other diners.
- There is a single server approach, with one dedicated team member tending your table/section. The bar will not be open for service. Your server will check on your table regularly to take orders.
- To minimise movement around the bar, we ask that parties remain seated (unless getting up to use the facilities, smoke/vape or leave).
- Under Level 2 guidelines, we must follow Easter trading laws. This means patrons must be on premise with the purpose of consuming food with alcoholic drinks.
- We are currently using single-use menus (they will be recycled) until our electronic menu and order process is set up.
- Payment – We will only take payment at the end of your dining experience. We have contactless paywave (up to $200) and will bring the machine over to you. No cash payments until further notice.
- Pints of beer often lead to regular trips to the bathroom. Our team is disinfecting surfaces, topping up soap and paper towels, etc., as well as monitoring tidiness in our bathrooms every 30 mins.
- If you are a smoker/vaper, we request you step outside to our balcony. If you cannot smoke/vape at a safe one meter distance from other patrons, we kindly request you refrain from doing so until you can do so safely. If you would like to sit outside, please ask our staff when on arrival.
- Yes, your doggies can join you at Fork, but they must stay in your dining bubble, so as not to tempt other patrons into patting them.
MOST IMPORTANTLY – Please do not take it personally if we make any requests for you to adhere to the new Level 2 guidelines. This is a new way of life, and we understand that some people will be getting used to the new normal. We also request that you please be patient with our team, as they are also becoming accustomed to the new normal.
Additional in-house health & safety processes
Here are some other steps we’re taking under Level 2 to help prevent and minimise the spread of Covid-19:
- Hand sanitiser is available around the bar for all patrons. If you find your table does not have hand sanitiser, please ask your friendly Forky team member, and they will provide you with some.
- Staff are regularly cleaning hands and minimising contact with patrons and other team members, as well as sporting PPE in the form of gloves, masks or both.
- Regular deep cleaning processes around all areas of the venue, especially in areas where people have dined.
- Table settings with utensils, glasses, serviettes, etc. will be brought to you once your party has been seated.
- Increased sanitisation processes with takeaway beer flagons. (NOTE: Unfortunately, we cannot accept previously used flagons for refills at this point in time.)
Please be assured that New Zealand already has very stringent and high standards of hygiene practices within the hospitality industry, to which Fork already adheres. We are aiming to exceed these for as long as we are living under these circumstances.
The health of our crew, patrons and those we all come into contact with is paramount. The situation is a moving beastie, and we are always adapting as we learn more. We want to assure you, we are accommodating this as best we can.
If you have any further queries, please call us on 04 472 0033 or email us.
The Fork Crew xx